As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY a member of our PTA – your voice counts.
Our PTA depends on a continual cycle of parent involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents. The Teachers and Headteacher support us when possible, but without your support, we have no PTA.
The PTA is a mixture of parents who work together for the benefit of Rudston Primary School. Some work part-time and some work full-time. NONE of us are specialists in fundraising.
Taking an active role with the PTA is crucial to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the PTA will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
Contact us at – @RudstonPTA or RudstonPTA@hotmail.co.uk
You are vital to the success of the school
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTA for funds.
- Funds raised by our PTA have been invested in new books and iPads for the school. We also contribute towards the travel costs of school trips therefore minimising the cost for parents.
It’s TOTALLY flexible!
- There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved. You can photocopy and distribute letters in the school, help to set up before and after an event, help out on a stall – there are so many ways you can help us!
- Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTA is invaluable. If everyone could spare 30 minutes a term to help, just think what we could achieve!
- You don’t have to attend PTA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
You’ll feel more connected
- There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
- You’ll get to know Teachers and Support Staff on a more familiar basis.
You’ll be part of a great network
- Every PTA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
- You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for our children.
Make a difference
- By volunteering to help the PTA, you’ll be able to utilise YOUR skills for a noble cause.
- Our PTA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the WHOLE school.
We’re not just for mums!
- It’s important to our PTA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our committee and to help reach out to other dads.
- Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
Be a role model
- By being involved with our PTA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is too.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Being involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
What the PTA does affects every parent (and pupil)
- Your voice matters – the PTA is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively.
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
- See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school even more comfortable and fun!
- Help plan fun events and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds
- Get your whole family involved!
- Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTA events such as Disco’s and Bingo Evenings and of course the Christmas and Summer Fairs will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources which the PTA help to fund make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.