Welcome to our Year 3 classes of 2020/21 – Delamere and Sherwood.
Here, you’ll be able to find an overview of what we are learning each term.
Our PE days are Wednesday and Friday.
We hope you enjoy sharing in our learning.
Mrs. McElhinney, Miss Myerson and Mrs Shacklady.
End of year expectations for Year 3
The National Curriculum outlines these expectations as being the minimum requirements your child must meet in order to ensure continued progress. All the objectives will be worked on throughout the year and will be the focus of direct teaching. Any extra support you can provide in helping your children to achieve these is greatly valued.
- Read and spell phonically decodable two and three syllable words.
- Read automatically high frequency words.
- Relate reading to own experiences.
- Re-read if reading does not make sense.
- Re-tell with considerable accuracy.
- Discuss significance of title and events.
- Make predictions and inferences about what has been read.
- Read with pace and expression.
- Know differences between fiction and non-fiction.
- Write in clearly demarcated sentences.
- Use ‘and’ to join ideas.
- Use conjunctions to join sentences (e.g. so, but).
- Use capital letters, full stops, question marks, exclamation marks and capital letters for names and personal pronoun ‘I’.
- Clearly sequenced sentences.
- Correct formation of lower case and capital letters.
- Correct formation of digits.
- Count, read and write numbers to 100.
- Compare number using: equal to, more than, less than.
- Read and write numbers to 20 in words.
- Say 1 more/1 less than a number to 100.
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Know number bonds to 10 and 20, e.g. 5 + 5 = and 15 + 5 =
- Add and subtract to 20.
- Solve simple multiplication and division with apparatus and arrays.
- Recognise half/quarter of object, shape or quantity.
- Use language of day, week, month and year.
- Tell time to hour and half past.