Art and Design
The 2014 National Curriculum for Art and Design aims to ensure that all children:
- Explore their own ideas
- Produce creative work
- Record their experiences
- Become proficient at drawing, painting, sculpting
- Become proficient at general art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using artistic language
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers
- Understand historical and cultural developments of art forms
At Rudston Primary School, we believe that developing art and design skills provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for our pupils. We want to expand their personal horizons, instil in them a love of learning and to foster inquisitive minds, resilience, self-motivation and respect for all.
At Rudston we are committed to teaching Art and Design to every child from Bright Stars to Year 6. By learning about different artists and cultures, we give our children a new perspective on the world, encourage them to understand their own culture and history, and
that of other countries.
Children leave Rudston, with confidence in sharing their artistic skills, as well as understanding and respect for other cultures, and customs.
At Rudston we believe that through our Art and Design curriculum, we provide enjoyment and prepare our children for the next steps in their education and for the future beyond.